Welcome to my first blog EVER!
I started this blog due to popular demand (kind of) as my groupies wanted to get the ins and outs of my 12 week raw food journey and find out why the heck I’m doing it.
So here we go. Ever since I embarked on my “Save the masses from getting crazy tumors and diseases Journey” I found a common thread in my research on health and healing. The peeps who enabled their bodies to heal from cancer, repair their hearts from heart disease (yes, it can be done, check out the book The China Study),reversed diabetes, lived long lives whilst staying youthful looking (minus the thousand kilo’s of botox most people get these days), and appeared happy and centered all had exactly the same thing in common. A coincidence? I think noooo!
That thing in common was that they all consumed mainly raw, natural foods, full of fruits vegetable, nuts, seeds and non processed grains. People seem to absolutely thrive off this diet. I’ve literally met people who have healed their bodies of cancer on this diet (dozens of them), fallen pregnant after years and years of trying, shredded fat from their bodies after trying every other diet imaginable, improved their vision, had their massive puss ridden zits heal up, got rid of Chron’s Disease, reversed Heart Disease (yes that’s right, there’s not one drug that can do this), reversed Diabetes in as little as 30 days, relieved symptoms of arthritis (say goodbye to good old Arthur), actually there is way too many things to list. I’m sure you get the picture. This is an impressive list of healing and health benefits. so why wouldn’t you want to eat this way? It’s the fountain of youth!!!
I made a commitment to myself over 10 years ago to stop eating meat. This was after i got an operation to pluck out the tumor growing in my head. It seamed that eating meat was contributing to the rapid ramping increase of cancer in our society today, and I didn’t want to participate in the Larissa gets cancer project. So I cut it out and I felt great!! Except when I had to listen to uniformed morons who say crap like “I’d rather die than not eat meat”. I feel like saying “yeah mate, well you’re already brain-dead, it’s just a matter of your body catching up”.Ha!! Just joking!
The thing is, I work in the fitness industry, and the Fitness industry is tainted with beliefs such as:
- Fruit will make you fat (this one is a bloody ripper)
- You have to eat meat nearly every meal to lose weight
- Protein from animal sources is the only way to build muscle (have you checked out veganbodybuilding.com lately, you might change your mind)
- “You gotta follow my weight loss program plus buy these 10 supplements otherwise it won’t work”. (I can hear the chaching of the cash influx now, right into the pockets of the companies who promote these beliefs)
- Protein powder is the best invention. (Ever investigated the ingredient list on the back of most commercial protein powders. Whilst many personal trainers say fruit is bad for weight loss the protein powders they are trying to pedal are packed full of Sucrose and Fructose. Not to mention artificial sweeteners, artificial colours and flavours that have been proven to be carcinogenic. Yep, they are a mine field for bad health the old protein powders)
So anyhow, this is what I have to listen to on a daily basis. A few years ago one of my Personal training friends client was on a high protein diet. whilst she lost weight she also started losing her hair, she got bags under her eyes, her breath started to smell and nails became brittle. I said to my trainer friend “aren’t you worried that her hair has become brittle and falling out” He said “no why”?
Ok, so if your hair becomes brittle and starts falling out, after you start a diet you may need to start to worry that your body is not getting the nourishment it needs. So if you are eating 1 boiled egg for breakfast, animal protein and a little salad for lunch and then animal protein for dinner with a few vegetables you are certainly not doing your body any favours. This woman certainly wasn’t and her body was trying to show her this.
So to answer the question, why am I embarking on a raw food journey and ” Rootin for Raw”? It’s because:
- I chose to nourish my body with nutrients to promote shiny thick hair
- I want to live, longer and healthier
- I want to get rid of the zits, period pain, chronic bloating and extra fat I have been experiencing for just about ever.
- I want to show people that you can shed those unwanted kilo’s and still eat fresh life enhancing fruit.
- Current research points to this way of life being the most health promoting (more about that in the weeks)
So far I’m on day 17 (yes it took me a little while to work out this blog business) of my 90 days of eating raw.
Here I am on only day 17 this is what I have experienced so far:
- I have lost nearly 4kgs already
- For the first time in 20 years (basically the whole time I’ve had them), I experienced no period pain what so ever when I got my period. NONE!!! That makes it worth it already. I was so excited about this I told all the blokes at work.
- My gut bloat has gone.
- I am smashing all the classes I teach. Translation: My fitness seems to have increased. I have so much energy when I teach my Spin class and group Active class.
- I wake up feeling refreshed and not like I could sleep another 8 hours.
- I am eating so much food I am always full
- I feel generally more positive, like my mind is a lot clearer.
So, that’s where I’m at. I will start to post more updates, recipes, and other various random articles I decide to write.
My goal is to enable people to start to learn how to nourish their bodies and enjoy a better quality of life.
Check in with you soonCheers